Let Property Campaign is a scheme introduced by HMRC to landlords who have not declared property income and pay appropriate taxes. This give opportunity if you’re an individual landlord letting out property in the UK or abroad so to bring their tax affairs up to date and to get the best possible terms to pay the tax you owe.
If you’re a landlord and you have undisclosed income, you must tell HMRC about any unpaid tax now.
You can contact our specialist property tax advisor at MJ Support & Co to look into your property income and calculate appropriate taxes. Our tax advisors and accountants are well versed in property sector and helped several landlords in personal tax planning.
The Let Property Campaign is an opportunity open to all residential property landlords with undisclosed taxes. This includes:
- those that have multiple properties
- landlords with single rentals
- specialist landlords with student or workforce rentals
- holiday lettings
- renting out a room in your main home for more than the Rent a Room Scheme threshold
- those who live abroad or intend to live abroad for more than 6 months and rent out a property in the UK, as you may still be liable to UK taxes
How to take part in the Let Property Campaign
To take part in the Let Property Campaign you should:
- tell HMRC that you want to take part in the Let Property Campaign (Notify)
- tell HMRC about all income, gains, tax and duties you’ve not previously told them about (Disclose)
- make a formal offer
- pay what you owe
- help HMRC as much as you can if they ask you for more information
To benefit from the reduced penalties offered, HMRC will take account of the level to which you’ve helped them and the accuracy of the information you provided.
Why you choose us!
Tax Planning – To ensuring meeting all deadlines, we won’t leave it until last minute, when it is too late!
No Penalty Guarantee – We offer systemised accounting and tax advice to enable our clients to meet with HMRC regulations.
Regular Compliance Checks – Offering regular compliance check to meet with the compliance requirements of small businesses and individual landlords.
No surprise bills – Call or email your Property Tax Accountant at any time and you won’t get billed for it.
We make your life easy – Life is beautiful, so when it comes to your tax affairs, we keep things simple and take away the hassle for you.